Aboriginal School Culutral Program 2018
2018 brings in a new cultural school program that will both engage and educate
your students. My family come from central NSW. We are proud Wiradjuri people.
My love of my country I display in my Didges (Yidaki) and art work.
I supply a full cultural experience for your school or community.
The following is what you will see and learn during my performance.
Lessons revamped for 2018 to be more interactive !
- Welcome / Acknowledgement of Country, what do these mean.
- Discuss Wiradjuri/ Aboriginal history and geography.
- I talk about our flags,our people and what they mean and who we are.
- I show and discuss the making of Didges (Yidaki) also give a performance
- The making of ‘Gulaman’s’ Coolamons,
- The making of cultural weapons,
- Teach Wiradjuri language,
- The art of ‘Basket Weaving’ why do men and women weave,
- Painting and traditional signs and artwork,
- Involve the students to ask questions,
- Perform special Didge Dances with students that I have created,
- Spend time with students doing some artwork and painting,
- Able to involve all your school students in this program,
- Talk to students, parents and teachers about good mental and physical well being,
- Involve students, parents and teachers to ask questions about what ever they wish to talk about,
- Talk about career paths with Year 10 to 12 Students as part of my program,
this is not associated with any other programs or NSW State funded programs,
- I also have my First Aid, Cert IV inTAE (training and assessment) Work with Children Certificates,
Diploma of Wiradjuri Language, Culture & Heritage, Diploma of Cultural Land Management.
Special note regarding bus!
- Bus is only available for local Wagga area.
- My 24 seat air conditioned small coach can also be used as part of my school program.
(extra cost involved) I can take a group of 23 students & teachers out to ngurambang (country)
to put into practice what we learn in the classroom about Wiradjuri Culture.
- Bus is NOT equipped for wheel chair access, but if you can climb 3 steps, your in.
Also not suitable for children needing seat restraints.
Each workshop is tailored for each different school,
not all the above programs may be delivered.